Answered By: Information Abbotsford Last Updated: Aug 18, 2020 Views: 429
We recommend that:
1. Students not forward email from the student.ufv.ca email system to a non-UFV email system.
2. Students always use their UFV email address when contacting instructors.
- We can't guarantee that you will receive messages forwarded to another email system. A forwarded message could bounce if your inbox is full or otherwise unavailable, or it could e blocked altogether by a spam filter.
- Email sent from a non-UFV email address to a UFV address may be blocked by our spam filters without notification to you or the recipient. Your instructor or other important recipient may not receive your email at all.
- The UFV-assigned email address clearly identifies you as a student. For example, email from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org may look like spam in an instructor's inbox, and be deleted unread.
- If you are submitting an assignment close to deadline, the UFV email system will get it to your instructor on time. Other email systems may delay sending email, which could cause assignments to be delivered late to your instructor's inbox. This could result in deducted marks or worse, depending on your instructor's late assignment policy.
- Having to maintain additional non-UFV mailing lists makes more work for instructors who may be interacting with 100+ students per term.
But if you must:
1.Access your student email account: http://mymail.ufv.ca/
Log into your email account using your student number and password
2. Select the ‘Preferences’ tab
3. Click the ‘Mail’ option in the left-hand pane (see #3 below)
4. Scroll down to the ‘Receiving Messages’ section (see #4 below)
5. Enter the email address you would like messages forwarded to (see #5 below)
6. Click the ‘Save’ button (see #6 see below)
For further information check the ITS Knowledge Base under Student email.