Answered By: Information Abbotsford Last Updated: Apr 29, 2020 Views: 176
After you have found the specific item you want:
- Click on "Place Hold" at the left side of the screen. For example, this book is available in Abbotsford but you want to pick it up in Chilliwack.
- Enter your student number and 4-digit library PIN number (available at the Service Desk, or click on the Don't know your library PIN link)
- Select the campus where you want the item sent, e.g. Chilliwack
We will deliver the transferred item to the library you requested at no cost, it will be available on the Holds shelf (Abbotsford) or ask at the Service Desk (Chilliwack)
- Each transfer takes at least one business day
- Library items can be returned to Abbotsford or Chilliwack Campus libraries
- Holds for on-shelf items are processed 3 times per day
- Library users who retrieve items from the shelf for checkout will be given priority over library users who have placed a hold online
- See Interlibrary Loans if you are requesting materials from other libraries
If you are transferring a journal, please indicate the specific issue you want. Delays will occur if you forget to do so because we cannot send the whole journal. See image below, it shows a request of the New England Journal of Medicine, April 1 issue,1993.
Click on the "Submit" button.
A message will appear confirming that the hold is placed. Click on "OK" at the bottom of the message.