Answered By: Information Abbotsford Last Updated: Jul 14, 2020 Views: 313
Go to Books & DVDs
Enter your keywords in the "Find Books, E-books, and Videos" search box. If you are using two or more search terms you need to put an "and" in your search.
E.g. canada and history
racial profiling and canada
Hit enter or go.
You will get a list of items. They sort according to relevance. Over to the right you can limit your results to different types of material or different subjects.
You need the call number to find the material on the shelves and you need to make a note of the location Stacks or Reference.
- Capitalization does not matter.
- Spelling DOES matter!
- The recommended format for an author's name is last name, first name
- smith, paul
- Do not use long phrases, such as "what kinds of games do children like". Instead, use the AND operator to join keywords together
- children and play
- To find variant endings of a word, use the $
- delinquen$ will find delinquents, delinquent, and delinquency
- You can limit your search to materials on a specific campus by changing the Library box from "ALL" to Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, etc.
- Use "Advanced Search" to do more specific searches, such as searching for an author's name and book title at the same time, or limiting by publication year.